Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Week 4, Day 1

Well, I made it through week 3.

Week four is run 3 min, walk 90 sec, run 5 min, walk. Repeat.

I didn't run as fast as I did on last day of week three, I wanted to make sure that I would not have to stop. When running the 5 min sections, I have to make myself stop thinking about when I'm going to be done running. Puts a lot of pressure on me and seems to make me more tired. So instead, I concentrate on breathing. It's pretty important to remember to breathe correctly. Huffin' and puffin' can make you more tired than not! So i just tried to breathe in for two counts and out for two counts. Also, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Not sure why, but it's what I've heard, so I try to do it!

I got some good/bad news from a friend of mine. He's been running for a few years. He's about 10 years older than me but in much better shape. Anyway, I asked him about the pain in my hips. He said that was normal, just use ibuprofen and deal with it. So, good to know it's normal, not so great to know that it's not really gonna go away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment