Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 3 Day 2

Well, I found a couple peeps of FaceBook who are also starting this adventure. It's neat to know that I'm not the only one who thinks this is a cool idea.

Today was a little more difficult than Wednesday. I think it's because I worked on cleaning out our bedroom and stirred up some dust which affected my allergies. Now I'm wheezy. Nothing new, but during the forth run, 2nd 3-minute interval, there towards the end I was starting to wonder if I was going to make it. But then I heard the volume level drop and that voice announce that I was finished, I celebrated! I did it, again!

I still don't have a definate goal that I'm working towards. I know I want to do a 5K sometime in October, probably the one for ALS, but I haven't committed yet. I am starting to think about what to do after I finish week 9. (I know, cart before the horse, but it's what I do. I plan.) I'm wondering how exactly I work on getting a faster time. But all in good time, I'm sure.

Had my first dog run-in. I'd finished running the last time & was walking, had already gone a couple blocks when this group of people was gathered outside a house. A big, black dog came out of the group and ran towards me. At first I had to remind myself to be calm. He walked next to me then circled back. Then ran back towards me and kinda growled. That suprised me & I jumped, then growled back at him! Not sure if it was the right thing to do, but either they called him back or I scared him!

No comments:

Post a Comment